Football, outings and assorted finery.

Friday 8 April 2011

Part time supporter...

I was working on Saturday 19th March so I thought I was going to have to give this game a miss. Thankfully we got finished up quicker than expected so I was able to get myself along to Tynecastle in time for the second half.

With the turnstiles being closed shortly after kick off I had to bang on the massive wooden gate at the back of the old main stand enclosure in order to gain access. Flashing my season ticket and asking for entry seemed to completely baffle the two oriental students working as stewards...

Hi can I come in?

No, you can't come in this way.

Ok, can you get someone to let me through the turnstiles then?

Errrr, they shut them after Kick off.

Yes, but I have a season ticket. I just couldn't make it in time for the 1st half.

I can’t let people through this way.

Yes you said, so can someone to let me through the turnstiles then?

Errr, they've been shut.

....and so on. Thankfully a passing supervisor intervened and after a glance at my card told them to let me through.

I arrived to find Hearts 0-1 behind to a goal from St Mirren’s Michael Higdon. Seemingly Hearts had put in a pretty atrocious first half performance and were lucky not to be further behind (something to which the BBC highlights would testify) and had Marian Kello to thank for a couple of last ditch saves.

As the second half kicked off Hearts looked pretty positive and soon levelled matters through Rudi Skacel. From that point on I thought Hearts were going to find another goal from somewhere and secure the win but my belief was momentarily shaken when Higdon scored again with a stunning effort from 20 yards out. Ryan Stevenson's goal brought the score to 2-2 before Skacel found a winner for Hearts deep into injury time after scoring from Craig Thomson's corner.

Whilst I was delighted with the much needed Hearts win, they certainly did it the hard way and the Buddies fans in attendance could feel extremely hard done by in taking nothing from the match.

St Mirren clearly have a bit of an issue when it comes to conceding late goals, but they displayed some quality football on several occasions during the match......At least, that half of it that I saw anyway!


St Mirren on the attack.

The small band of hardy St Mirren fans. 

Temps on the wing.


 Danny Lennon suveys the action.
St Mirren restart after finally going behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment