Football, outings and assorted finery.

Thursday 2 September 2010

Gannin doon the toon..

Tracy and I decided that as we're not going to see much of each other over the next few weekends, due to either her shifts or fortcoming overtime for me, we'd head to Newcastle on Wednesday, do some shopping, have a meal, stay over night and benefit from a change of scenery.

Inbetween shopping, bars and cafes we popped along to St James' Park to grab a few photographs.  I'd toyed with the idea of doing the stadium tour and getting some behind the scenes photos but the timings didn't really work out.  We were both pretty keen to get back up the road to Edinburgh and collect our little girl from my parents so I just quickly grabbed some photos from the outside.  I've not been to a Newcastle game for a few years, however, with my appetite whetted again, I daresay that might be rectified before the end of this season.

 The Gallowgate end, with some random woman in shot.

 The south west corner.

 The famous Strawberry Pub, still standing amidst all the redevelopment.

Another view of the famous magpie's pub.

The slightly more glitzy Shearer's bar.

Me standing outside St James'.  Picure expertly taken by Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment