Football, outings and assorted finery.

Tuesday 1 June 2010

12 years of hurt..

I've just checked BBC Sport to find England have won their last World Cup warm up game against Japan 2-1 thanks to two own goals.  I expect more mass tabloid panic as they pick holes in the performance and bemoan the biggest drama ever to befall a game of football.  How ungrateful can you get?

They should try being Scottish, I'd love us to 'play badly' if it meant a 3-1 win over Mexico and 2 (own) goal victory over Japan. With that in mind, I honestly think I'd accept a hammering in three consecutive groups games if that were the trade off for seeing in their first Scotland major finals since 1998.

I was considering watching the England highlights but I simply can't face that Carlsberg team talk advert again today.  Referring back to my previous post, I'll head to the shops and search out a nice bit of 80s Adidas instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment