Football, outings and assorted finery.

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Future content and the small matter of the world cup...

Just a quick post to let you know about some ideas in the pipeline.

I thought it would be good to develop an interviews section to the site and as such I've made contact with some people who I think could be the focus of some cracking articles.

First up is Craig Graham.  Craig is the chairman of Edinburgh based Spartans FC whose senior team play in the East of Scotland Premier Division.  For those who don't know Spartans are a fascinating little club based in North Edinburgh who hold charitable status and are widely regarded as THE model for community sport in Scotland.  I've sent Craig some questions so hopefully I'll get his answers up on the blog soon along with some photos and a feature on the club itself.

Additionally the kind chaps at Barmy Flags have agreed to have a chat with me.  Barmy Flags made a massive Scotland flag for my good friend Graham and I about a year and a half ago which is our pride and joy (the flag is actually owned by Graham but I like to think of myself as part owner).  I've always had a borderline obsession with football flags and ultras style banners to the extent that I cold quite happily scroll through their gallery for hours on end, much to my wife's dismay.  I thought it would be a good to write a piece about them and thankfully their main man Charlie has agreed to give me some input.

I'm also trying to make contact with some fans at Corby Town FC from Northamptonshire.  They have a small but very dedicated band of supporters who prove that playing at lower level does not make the club and it's fortunes any less meaningful to those who love it most.  I used to live near Corby as a kid and whilst the town could be described as fairly bleak with it's share of social problem I felt an affinity with the place due to the strong Corby Scots connection....but more on that when I write the article.

With regard to the World Cup I'm considering starting with possibly the weakest team in the tournament, New Zealand, and adopting a reigning champion (think boxing) approach to who I support.  For example if and when New Zealand get beat I follow their victors thus ensuring I always have a team to support throughout the tournament.  It's hardly a revolutionary idea I know, but it should provide me with a steady stream of material throughout the tournament.  I do also run the risk of having to 'support' England but it's a risk I'm willing to take if that's the trade off for producing quality amateur journalism!

Right, anyone know where I can get a New Zealand footiie shirt and some Speight's beer?

More soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment