Football, outings and assorted finery.

Sunday 27 June 2010

Irish Odyssey

I'm heading to Ireland for tomorrow for the second half of the World Cup although I get home on the day of the final. It'll be really interesting to take in a few games over there and see what people have been making of it, especially in the Republic (we're spending in a week with family in the North, then a week over the border) where I'd imagine few tears will have been shed over France's early exit.

Our visit to Ireland also means that my good mate Graham and I get to continue our long standing tradition of watching some World Cup football together. That said, the night we have ear marked for a meet up and a few beers in Belfast is a night when no games are taking place. Undeterred we're considering heading to nearby Portadown to witness their Europa League first round qualifier against FC Skonto Riga.



It'll be some good material for the blog and a chance to get the flag out if nothing else.

I'll be posting whenever I get the chance to slip away from the inlaws and find a wireless hotspot. That might be a stretch in Ballymena.

No comments:

Post a Comment