Football, outings and assorted finery.

Friday 22 April 2011

London...

So I was in London this week for work. As always when I go down there I arrive armed with grand ideas of what I'm going to do once the working day is over, but it never quite goes to plan, time just seems to run away from me.

Aside from visiting the magnificent Stuarts just around the corner from Loftus Road (iconic fashion store for anyone with the slightest interest in 80s terrace chic), I didn't really have time to do much. Time dictated that I couldn’t venture up to Loftus Road upon leaving Stuart's and I couldn’t find a window in which to walk down to Fulham Broadway to get some pictures of Stamford Bridge.

I did manage to take a couple of shots of The Emirates Stadium as we trundled past on our route into Kings Cross, however, that was the best I could do.

Incidentally, is there a train line which bypasses more football grounds than the East Coast mainline? North of Edinburgh you pass Raith Rovers' Starks Park, before seeing Sheilfield Park (Berwick), Northern Echo Arena (Darlington), London Road (Peterborough) and The Emirates (not to mention the luxury apartment complex now occupying the shell of Highbury) on the journey south.

Anyway before this blog descends into total trainspotter territory I shall sign off with a couple of token pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment