Football, outings and assorted finery.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Ulster's Sporting Heroes...


During a recent trip to my wife's home town of Ballymena, I noticed a sporting exhibition at the local town hall/conference venue.  After taking my kid to the soft play and leaving my wife to chat to her friends in the cafe I dived back into town to check it out.

The footballing exhibits were the most interesting for me, but I also enjoyed a lot of the other information and pieces on show, particularly the boxing sections and the information about local cyclist Billy Kerr who sadly died recently.  Until then I was unaware of the level of enthusiasm for road cycling in Northern Ireland.

















 A nice feature on Alex Higgins.  











After the exhibition I adjourned to The Front Page for a quick pint and a read of the sports pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment