Football, outings and assorted finery.

Sunday 26 September 2010

A football free weekend...almost

Well, in the 'live' sense anyway.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately given the result!) I had weekend work scheduled in yesterday so I missed Hearts' home match against Motherwell.  My dad tells me it was pretty awful stuff (from a Hearts point of view that is) so whilst I like to attend as many games as possible, particularly so when I've bought a season ticket, I'm not too disheartened at having missed that one. The thought of the overtime cash helped soften the blow, as did the realisation that I'll be at a match for the next five consecutive weekends.

As always with these things, its a trade off between obtaining content for the blog and causing myself long term liver damage!

Next week it's Hearts v Rangers, a propect I'd hardly relishing given Hearts recent defensive frailties.

Then in a departure from the norm, I'm heading off with my colleague Pete and his mates to watch Notts County at Carlilse.  Carlilse is only about an hour from Edinburgh by train, so it has the makings of a good day out with ample opportunity to sample a few ales pre and post match.  It'll be interesting to see what the standard is like at league 1 level and spend a day as part of a different support.

The weekend of the 16th October sees a reunion with my old mate (and fellow contributor to this blog), Graham, or The Bruce as he's occasionally known.  He's coming over from Ireland for the Aberdeen v Hearts match.  We'll head up early on Saturday, watch the match and catch up with a couple of old mates, in fact, if we're brave enough, we might even sample the delights of Peep Peep's bar at the docks (of Britain's hardest pubs fame).

Finally I'm back at tynie to watch Hearts v St Mirren on the 23rd Oct and again on the 31st for the match against Kilmarnock! 

After all that I'll be needing a good lie down.  I guess I'll also have to make sure I earn some serious brownie points over the next few weeks to get away with that lot!

Actually, it wasn't an entirely football free weekend. I took my daughter along to a charity fun run at Victoria Park in Edinburgh this morning and I couldn't resist the chance to play 'Beat the Goalie' against Hearts legend Henry Smith. 

It was all for charity so, of course, goals were unimportant......just as well seeing as I missed all three. 

I blame the footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment